First National Bank Pittsburgh Triathlon & Adventure Race
August 7-9, 2015
Point State Park
The 18th Annual Pittsburgh Triathlon & Adventure Race is Friends of the Riverfront’s largest fundraiser, highlighting both the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and Three Rivers Water Trail. Each year, nearly 2,000 triathletes from the Pittsburgh area and across the U.S. gather to compete in this event.
Friends of the Riverfront is committed to the safety of all Pittsburgh Triathlon participants. As we learned from the 2014 event, improvements are still needed in communicating Allegheny River water quality on the day of the swim events. We are working to develop a revised communications policy for the 2015 Pittsburgh Triathlon that addresses the swimming/water portion of the Triathlon. Our goal is to have a revised communications policy in place by year-end. As the host of the event, Friends of the Riverfront strives to provide an enjoyable experience for all. We hope to see you at next year’s Pittsburgh Triathlon.
- Friday, August 7, 2015 – 5pm-7pm
- Saturday, August 8, 2015 – 10am-noon
- Sunday, August 9, 2015 – 6am-noon
- Saturday, August 8, 2015 (Sprint Triathlon and Adventure Race)
- Sunday, August 9, 2015 (International Triathlon)
- City-Side Lawn of Point State Park (at Commonwealth Place) – NEW for 2015!
- Saturday: 6:45am (Sprint) – 7:15am (Adventure Race)
- Sunday: 6:45am (Triathlon)
- Point State Park near Ft. Duquesne Bridge
Friends of the Riverfront and our partners are proud to have achieved Green Certification for the Pittsburgh Triathlon & Adventure Race through Athletes for a Fit Planet for the 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 races.