First National Bank Pittsburgh Triathlon & Adventure Race
The 17th Annual Pittsburgh Triathlon & Adventure Race is Friends of the Riverfront’s largest fundraiser, highlighting both the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and Three Rivers Water Trail. Each year, nearly 2,000 triathletes from the Pittsburgh area and across the U.S. gather to compete in this event.
Friends of the Riverfront is committed to the safety of all Pittsburgh Triathlon participants. As we learned from this year’s event, improvements are still needed in communicating Allegheny River water quality on the day of the swim events. We are working to develop a revised communications policy for the 2015 Pittsburgh Triathlon that addresses the swimming/water portion of the Triathlon. Our goal is to have a revised communications policy in place by year-end. As the host of the event, Friends of the Riverfront strives to provide an enjoyable experience for all. We hope to see you at next year’s Pittsburgh Triathlon.
Congratulations to all athletes that took part in the 2014 Pittsburgh Triathlon!
View Results Here!
- Friday, August 1, 2014 – 5pm-7pm
- Saturday, August 2, 2014 – 10am-noon
- Sunday, August 3, 2014 – 6am-noon
- Saturday, August 2, 2014 (Sprint Triathlon and Adventure Race)
- Sunday, August 3, 2014 (International Triathlon)
- North Shore Riverfront Park (across from Stage AE)
- Saturday: 6:45am (Sprint) – 7:15am (Adventure Race)
- Sunday: 6:45am (Triathlon)
- Riverfront Promenade near PNC Park