Connect with co-workers and meet like-minded innovators across different sectors who all know how to have fun while tending to the land.
The Litter League invites co-working teams up to 10 people to compete against each other in a series of litter-collection challenges. All teams will receive video tutorials and hand-made, all-weather litter collection kits so that they can collect individually or in groups. Winning teams will receive prizes from some of the region’s premier environmentally conscious businesses.
Each week, members of the Allegheny CleanWays & Friends of the Riverfront crew will introduce creative and enjoyable challenges that promote responsible stewardship and strategies to “do more good.”
LITTER LEAGUE MEMBERS
- Demonstrate corporate social responsibility, humanity, and goodwill
- Engage consumers, community groups, municipalities, corporations, individuals, and families throughout Allegheny County
- Connect with fellow employees in memorable settings
- Support cleanups, and service-learning programs throughout Allegheny County
- Educate urban and suburban youth (and citizens of all ages and backgrounds) about science, wildlife, and the environment
- Increase community access to nature and inspire conservation
- Represent healthy, active, outdoor lifestyles and sustainability
- Build awareness in print, digital, and social media communications
- Leverage our content and reputation in your own marketing channels
- Generate sales leads and strengthen brand equity in Allegheny County and beyond
American Eagle volunteers team together
for a socially-distanced cleanup
along the Color Park in the South Side.
LITTER LEAGUE LEVELS
LITTER LEAGUE CHAMPION LEVEL SPONSORS RECEIVE:
$750 tax-deductible donation
Logo on League event signage, marketing, & social media
Company logo listed in the LL Community Champions ad
Opportunity to network & distribute company literature/materials
Personalized league introduction & training video or Zoom team training
Litter League cleanup kits (up-to-10)
LITTER LEAGUE RULES
- Communicate intent to participate by April 19, 2021 (for Earth Day kit delivery, additional teams are welcome to join throughout the competition)
- Join the Litter League register online by credit card or mail-in your registration form and registration fee of $250+ payable to Friends of the Riverfront, 12 Freeport St, Pittsburgh, PA 15223
- Request up to 10 litter league kits per team
- Accept delivery of your Litter League Cleanup Kits on April 20st-22nd (or on your scheduled date)
- Participate in litter group/individual cleanup(s) & challenges by the end of the season.
- Coordinate local pickup & disposal of all items collected
- Captains report accomplishments to compete for awards & support our programs.
- Friends of the Riverfront & Allegheny CleanWays will post updates through a central website, social media, & email.
- Send a representative to the award ceremony at the end of the event. All participants are welcome to attend!
2021 LITTER LEAGUE AWARDS
Litter League MVPs – also know as the
Most Valuable (litter) Pickers
The Heavy Lifters
Collectors of the most litter during the 2021 season
Most detailed reporters/sharers
Farthest travelled of all the teams
Best/Most creative reusers/recyclers