Caring for and stewarding the Three Rivers Heritage and Water Trails is a big job – and an important one. If you are interested in helping us clean, care for, and protect our trail system, becoming a Friends of the Riverfront Trial Steward may be the perfect fit for you. Trail Stewards ensure trails are monitored, cleaned, maintained, and accessible to all trail users by performing a variety of trail-based tasks depending on the season. Our family-friendly program provides tools, training, and supports so that Trail Stewards can serve on their own schedule along the land-based trail or at one of our Water Trail launches.
Please share your contact information below and Alex Toner, our Trail Stewardship Program Manager will be in touch to discuss the program.
Your Commitment to the trail:
- Promote and advocate the mission of Friends of the Riverfront
- Regularly utilize the trail and monitor needs (approximately 10 hours per month)
- Attend at least 6 Trail Stewards & Ambassador monthly meetings
- Report maintenance issues to the city through the 311 system (overflowing trash cans, illegal dumping, vegetation overgrowth, etc…)
- Perform maintenance such as trimming overgrowth, cleaning graffiti, and collecting litter
- Report service hours monthly through an easy-to-use online form
- Volunteer as a Friends Crew Leader at a minimum of one volunteer workdays
- Provide training and trail care best practices
- Provision tools and supplies as necessary (garbage bags, graffiti remover, shovels, hand tools, etc.)
- Exclusive trail updates at monthly meetings
- Networking opportunities with a cohort of nearly 20 other stewards
- Enrichment and professional development opportunities
- Seasonal incentives (Pirates tickets!) and recognition events