We were preparing to mail the second issue of our print newsletter, “Between Friends,” this month; however, to mitigate transmission of Covid-19, we have decided on a virtual release.
Our riverfront trails give us an opportunity to find a peaceful moment and remind us of nature’s own resiliency. Though our staff has transitioned to working from home, we continue to monitor the Trails and plan for more ways to connect you to the outdoors.
You can learn more about our work every day by connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We hope you’ll join us and follow our communications as we move forward.
Thank you for being a friend!
Friends of the Riverfront Staff Recommendations
- Washington Black, Esi Edugyan
- Fifty Plants That Changed the Course of History, Bill Laws
- The Nature Principals, Richard Louv
- Epic Rides of the Americas, Lonely Planet
- Historical Riverfront Tour
- Nature Crafts for Kids
- Workshop Pittsburgh DIY Crafts
- Forest App
- Sun Salutation with the Brooklyn Yoga Studio
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Meditations with Critters
- Just Color
- JP Diroll Photography Free Pgh Coloring Pages
- Gardening – High Mowing Seed
- Hays Woods Eagles
- Pittsburgh Zoo Penguin Cam
- Fort Pitt Museum
- City Theater
- Rowhouse Films
- Smithsonian Natural History Museum
- Bipedalism: The Science of Upright Walking – Dartmouth via edX
Blogs and Social Media
Local Eateries – For Takeout
- Sprezzatura – Friends Official Caterer!
- Fat Heads Saloon
- Curbside Coffee House
- Glen’s Custard